Installed The kext for RTL8103E on a Hazard build 10.6.6i first time and worked great. Tried to upgrade to 10.6.8 and system wouldn't reboot. Decided to start over from scratch and reinstalled 10.6.6i but 2nd time around the RTL kext won't work. If I used DHCP it gives some strange IP address starting with 269 etc. I've even tried all manual settings. I get green light for ethernet, green light for network but no ISP or internet connection. I'm guessing I missed something on the reinstall but don't remember what I might have added first time around to get it to work.

I know it's not my network or router as I've installed an RTL8139 card and it runs, but is slow as hell.