1. Maintenance: Repair permissions, and rebuild cache for Extra and System/Library/Extensions.
Both directories: Extra/Extensions and Extra/KextStore are supported.
2. Installation: Install kexts to Extra or S/L/E and create mkext.
3. Unpacker: Check mkext's content kexts and unpack it.
4. Kext Information: Check kext's architectures and dependencies.
5. Loaded: Shows list of currently loaded kexts in system.
There's no need to repair permissions in Disk Utility, after using this tool.
Installation and Maintenance can be executed for any OS X partition. Not only /.
Works on Snow Leopard and Lion.
Universal binary: x86_64 and i386.